De Panne is an ultra modern coast city on the Flemish shore. The French border is right nearby. De Panne has one of the 20 most beautiful beaches of Europe (2km. by 1/2 on low tide.). Residence “Witte Berg” is on a historical dune (6m.high) and build next to what’s left of the oldest housing. Therefore the Flemish government classified this dune, making “Witte Berg” the most beautiful building on the Belgian coastline.
The studio is on ground level and is one of the 4 studios in the building with 64 other apartments, 4 and 5 levels high. It’s ideally positioned, always in the sun, with a partial seaside view. From the front terrace and trough the front garden, with grass-dune and flowers, you have a far-sight in many directions. With a partial closed in character, the sunny studio is well covered away from the west-winds.
Finally, the residence is centrally positioned, walking distance away from the great seawall, the nice residences of the west-corner and the biggest dune area of the coast. Going trough the nice residential area gets you quickly on the sea-lane and the market.
On the wide concrete strip along the beach you can have a walk up to “Bray-Dunes”, the first French village.
- Supermarkets on the sea-lane and in Kokzijde (2km. Away).
- Aldi on the way to Veurne (7km.).
- Lidl in Adinkerke (2km.).
- Delhaise on the sea-lane and a grand Delhaise in Adinkerke
- Tram-stop, line “De Panne”(Adinkerke), over Oostende to Knokke
- Plopsaland at 2 km. with tramway on 300 m
- Shopping-mall on the sea-lane and Duinkerkelane
- Weekly market Saturday mornings.
- Restaurants to choose from.
- Animation from June till September, and the full year along the shore.
- Tram-stop in Adinkerke leads to rail-road to Gent and Kortrijk.
- Oostende at 25 km
- Brugge at 50 km
- Veurne at 7 km
- Duinkerke (France) at 15 km